Monday, August 3, 2009

Women who love shoes: similar to hobby/memorabilia collectors?

Some men often wonder why women are so into shoes.





However, when I hear how some women like to buy vintage shoes, or keep the original boxes, or even organize their shoes by color, style, etc., it really reminds me of devoted collectors of sports memorabilia, comic books, DVDs, music CDs, etc. because they often behave in a similar way too.





As a "geek" collector myself, I like to organize and hunt for stuff too. I can understand how some women can spend hours shopping for shoes, as I can do the same in a DVD or collectible store.





Yes, maybe shoes are different because they have a functional value as clothing...but personally, I've never looked down on women (or even men) who love shoes. If anything I see it as a hobby from which they get a lot of enjoyment, and there's nothing wrong with that. For some people, fashion is a hobby in itself. I'd only be concerned if someone were in debt or spending beyond their budget.





Anyone agree/disagree?

Women who love shoes: similar to hobby/memorabilia collectors?
As a shoe lover, I agree, but hadn't ever stopped to think about it in the way you presented. Well done!



koffice

1 comment:

  1. It was really nice share. Great work. Keep sharing with us dear..
    Size 14 shoes

    ReplyDelete