Monday, April 20, 2009

Should orthotics b worn w/ motion control shoes 4 severe overpronators or would th 2 give 2 much support?

I am completely flat footed with severe overpronation. Im thinking to buy a new pair of sport shoes and I dont know if I should buy a pair with basic or no motion control features or a pair complete with the motion control features and I would wear my orthotics in conjunction with the shoes.

Should orthotics b worn w/ motion control shoes 4 severe overpronators or would th 2 give 2 much support?
I would opt for a motion control shoe, and use your orthotic in it. I am also a severe overpronator, and the only positive results that I have encountered with any type of training that involves significant amounts of running has been with a combination of motion control shoes and a custom or otherwise high quality orthotic. I like New Balance 1120 series and Brooks Beast, supplemented with a custom orthotic. Check the 2 links below for some other recommendations about motion control shoes and orthotics.



books

No comments:

Post a Comment