Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can you use the Nike Plus sports kit with any shoe? Or why do you have to use theirs?

I am debating on whether to get the Nike + sports kit....but I don't want to spend money on a Nano, the kit, and a new pair of shoes. Especially $110 pair of shoes. I know I need to get the Nano and the kit, but do I NEED their shoes or can I just insert the sensor into any shoe?

Can you use the Nike Plus sports kit with any shoe? Or why do you have to use theirs?
You can.





The key is to make sure the transmitter wiggles as little as possible. It measures acceleration to calculate your distance, so wiggling throughs off the acceleration measured.





I have heard of people having success with key pouches and the like. I have also heard of sewing it into the tongue of the shoe. I have also heard of people successfully doing what was described above (cutting a hole in your shoe), but wouldn't recommend that. If your shoe was designed to have a hole in it, it would have a hole in it.





I really like mine, so if you can come up with a way to stablize it in your shoe, you'll be fine.
Reply:I got the Nike + kit about 7 months ago. I too am frugal, and didn't want to spend $110 on a pair of special shoes, especially since I liked the shoes I had! I bought one of the "shoe pockets" that velcro onto your shoelaces. No matter how many calibrations I did, it was always a little off, the sensor showed less mileage than I was actually running. I got the bright idea that I could cut a hole in the inside of my shoe (like they have for the special Nike shoes) and use it that way. It did NOT work at all. Made the sensor think I was running 5 minute miles- don't I wish!!





Anyways. . . . the moral of the story is, Nike makes the special shoes for a reason. I ended up getting a pair at the Nike Outlet for about $40. Good luck!!



dancing quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment